Thank you for deciding to fundraise on behalf of Hope Dementia and Alzheimer’s Services. We’re grateful for your support.
To help with your community fundraising, we offer the following tips and resources.
- A sample letter to seek donations from sponsors
- Make a list of everyone you know and all the local organizations and companies who might be able to donate. See if your company is willing to grant you a matching gift
- Write out your goals and reasons for volunteering. This will be useful to explain how a contribution to your cause will make a positive impact
- Start early and create benchmarks. Set periodic goals to keep you on target
- Keep your emails and letters short and simple and always follow up
- Ask for a specific amount of money and let people know how much you need to raise. Give your sponsors a specific date by which to get back to you, preferably at least three weeks before your fundraising events deadline
- Make it convenient by letting your supporters know that they can make a secure contribution online with a credit card.
- For the Miles of Memories walk
- Explain that Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services is a non-profit organization and donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law
- Recognize and thank your sponsors